Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Here we go!


Hmmm... what to say first? Many months ago, I thought about keeping a blog about my experiences living as a lectrice in Limoges, France. I'm just now getting around to it, but better late than never, right?

So, here we go!

Ok, so I moved here to France a little over 2 months ago. Sometimes I can't believe it's been over 2 months and sometimes I think that it feels like I've been here forever! It certainly hasn't all been easy, but I'm sure that in the end, it'll all be worth it. This is my 2nd teaching job in France (the first being as an "Assistante de Langue" in a high school in Sable-sur-Sarthe in 2003-4). I wouldn't say that it's the most interesting job that I've ever had, but it pays the bills and allows me to live only 3 hours from Paris!

I live in an apartment near the train station (prime real estate, let me tell you!) with a roommate. Her name is Aimee and she's from Birmingham, UK (what a coincidence is that??). We get along great, which is so unexpected and fantastic. It's funny b/c I am the only American around (except for the maybe 2-3 American students at the university, whom I hardly ever cross paths with). It's interesting being "the one with the accent!"


So, I'm going to try and update this as often as I can, as well as post pictures so that everyone can see what I've been up to. Happy reading!

No comments: